The objective of this phase of the project is to address market efficiency, investor protection and fairness issues that arise out of the regulatory regimes that apply to publicly offered mutual funds and non-redeemable investment funds.
Today's amendments, which were proposed in
"By modernizing these important investment fund rules, the CSA aims to create fair and consistent product regulation across the spectrum of retail investment funds," said
Following completion of this step in the project, the CSA will further consider its alternative funds proposals through additional research and industry consultation.
The amendments, which come into force on
The CSA, the council of the securities regulators of
SOURCE Canadian Securities Administrators
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids