The buyback - the company's first since it was privatised in 1987 - will be financed through the proposed divestment of its gas turbine energy business to
After the deal fell through, Rolls warned investors that its projected group revenue and profit would be flat in the medium term. US and
The company will hope to reassure shareholders that the buyback - equivalent to almost five per cent of its £19bn market capitalisation - signals an intent to return to non-acquisition based growth.
Wide-body aircraft production was projected to grow to 4,000 units by 2023 on the back of exiting narrowbody production in 2011.
"I'm confident that we have sustainable growth, but that does not mean year-after-year consistent growth, it means long-term sustainable growth," chief executive
ANALYST VIEWS WHAT DID YOU MAKE OF THE ROLLS-ROYCE SHARE BUYBACK? By Michael Bow BEN BOURNE LIBERUM This re-iteration of guidance will be well received as many had expected worse. No material acquisitions are planned, which is a relief in itself as many investors were still concerned they would make a another play for
SASH TUSA EDISON INVESTMENT After a half year that has been marked by a considerably higher than usual level of corporate activity and reports, we are pleased that the company is responding to the market. Further major acquisitions appear to have been ruled out, Rolls' balance sheet does not look over-committed.
SANDY MORRIS JEFFERIES The £1bn share buyback is something of a surprise, one that should be well received, in our view. We see an echo of our belief that
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids