Playing late allows more time to read the ball, but risks a hurried shot. Playing early allows a more gradual forward movement, but the danger is that the initial first movement is misjudged.
The Bank doesn't want to choke the recovery, but an emergency rate of 0.5% can't last forever when the economy is growing at 4%. So, tell us, what's the best strategy when you're in the corridor of uncertainty? Economic statistics lie, Haldane explained. Call it an elegant way of saying "dunno".
Much the same could be said of the speech by
So why did governor
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia