The low-interest Technology Development Loan will be used to help IRISTOCRACY.com make further technical developments to its website and expand the business, which could result in the creation of up to 30 new jobs.
The company's website is the first in
Unlike other online eyeglasses companies, IRISTOCRACY.com is a proponent of proper eye examinations and prescriptions. The company sends its customers to their local eye doctors to have their lens prescriptions filled.
Part of the company's business plan calls for the establishment of an Ambassador Program in which the company will offer eye doctors access to its expanded selection of frames. Utilizing the try-on technology in their practice, doctors will be able to show their patients the virtual assortment of frames from IRISTOCRACY.com.
"As a startup based out of
"Our Technology Development Loan Program is designed to help promising, innovative
The global market for eyeglasses is projected to have a revenue of
IRISTOCRACY.com is a Midwest-based e-commerce eyewear start-up that features exclusive lines of stylish eyewear and high-quality fashion accessories. IRISTOCRACY.com is the first e-commerce site in the world to provide customers the ability to build a look around their eyewear with unique fashion accessories. The website also features eyewear buying guides, lookbooks and editorial style content for a fresh, relevant feel. As an added highlight, the website utilizes a cutting-edge 3-D try-on tool by Total Immersion that allows shoppers to view frames on their face using augmented reality technology. For more information, please visit www.iristocracy.com or follow @iristocracy on Twitter and Facebook to learn more.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?