"Kosovo has considerable potential to increase the efficiency of energy use and integrate renewable sources into its energy supply mix," said
Energy efficiency investments in the public sector can significantly lower energy costs, creating fiscal space for other development priorities, while enhancing competitiveness and job creation. International experience has shown that investments in energy efficiency in the public sector can help to catalyze energy efficiency markets, allowing governments to lead by example and pave the way for similar improvements in the private sector.
Central and municipal governments are expected to benefit from the project through reduced energy expenditures, a renovated building stock, and improved indoor comfort and functionality.
The private sector will also benefit in several ways. An improved regulatory environment is expected to facilitate faster licensing and greater market entry for renewable energy development. Renewable energy and energy efficiency equipment suppliers and service providers are expected to benefit from increased demand for their goods and services. By modernizing and lowering the energy use of universities and hospitals, students and patients will benefit from improved comfort levels, functionality, and reduced air pollution.
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140619-30FurigayJane-4771047 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya