ENP Newswire -
Release date- 17062014 - TDS completion of this ARRA broadband stimulus project means high-speed Internet service is now available to businesses and nearly 1,400 area households.
In mid-November, TDS announced a portion of this project was complete. Now, the entire project is finished. TDS installed about 84 miles of fiber optics cabling and 18 cabinets (which protect the advanced network electronics) throughout its
This is one of 44 projects TDS is receiving funding for from the
Nationwide, more than 95 percent of TDS customers already have access to high-speed Internet service. TDS is intent on providing as many remaining customers with broadband connectivity as possible. According to TDS, federal stimulus funds are helping to close the gap and deliver Internet connectivity. With the help of ARRA funding, TDS has already expanded access to high-speed Internet service to nearly 30,000 households across the country.
For background information and updates, visit www.tdstelecom.com/stimulus.
For more information, or a high-resolution map, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience