ENP Newswire -
Release date- 17062014 - TDS completion of this ARRA broadband stimulus project means high-speed Internet service is now available to businesses and nearly 1,400 area households.
In mid-November, TDS announced a portion of this project was complete. Now, the entire project is finished. TDS installed about 84 miles of fiber optics cabling and 18 cabinets (which protect the advanced network electronics) throughout its
This is one of 44 projects TDS is receiving funding for from the
Nationwide, more than 95 percent of TDS customers already have access to high-speed Internet service. TDS is intent on providing as many remaining customers with broadband connectivity as possible. According to TDS, federal stimulus funds are helping to close the gap and deliver Internet connectivity. With the help of ARRA funding, TDS has already expanded access to high-speed Internet service to nearly 30,000 households across the country.
For background information and updates, visit www.tdstelecom.com/stimulus.
For more information, or a high-resolution map, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go