ENP Newswire -
Release date- 17062014 - TDS completion of this ARRA broadband stimulus project means high-speed Internet service is now available to businesses and nearly 1,400 area households.
In mid-November, TDS announced a portion of this project was complete. Now, the entire project is finished. TDS installed about 84 miles of fiber optics cabling and 18 cabinets (which protect the advanced network electronics) throughout its
This is one of 44 projects TDS is receiving funding for from the
Nationwide, more than 95 percent of TDS customers already have access to high-speed Internet service. TDS is intent on providing as many remaining customers with broadband connectivity as possible. According to TDS, federal stimulus funds are helping to close the gap and deliver Internet connectivity. With the help of ARRA funding, TDS has already expanded access to high-speed Internet service to nearly 30,000 households across the country.
For background information and updates, visit www.tdstelecom.com/stimulus.
For more information, or a high-resolution map, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?