Union bank shareholders, yesterday, celebrated the massive growth of the bank as its gross earnings and that of the group increased by 4 per cent and 7 per cent, representing N121 billion and N103 billion respectively.
At the bank's 45th annual general meeting held in
The profit before tax for the group increased by 31% to N3.8billion, while profit before tax for the bank increased by 22% to N4.2billion from N3.4billion recorded in 2012.
Speaking at the annual general meeting, secretary of independent shareholders Mr
He urged the bank to create more revenue for different platform of advertisement to enable them regain their confidence back in the banking sector and make them realise their ambition of being a respected provider of quality of banking services.
He urged them to upgrade the bank-wide information technology infrastructure to enable them enhance service delivery and reliability and increase the customer touch points via electronic platforms such as ATMs, POS, Mobile and online banking to simplify the customer banking experience.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits