The Dow Jones industrial average rose 98.13 points, or 0.58 per cent, to end at 16,906.62. The Nasdaq Composite added 25.60 points or 0.59 per cent, to 4,362.84, while the S&P 500 gained 14.99 points or 0.77 per cent, to finish at 1,956.98, breaking the previous record set on 9 June.
Among the biggest gainers was
Crude oil rose
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare