The bank's Head, Financial inclusion, e-Business of
He explained that financial inclusion and agent banking system involves an agent with an existing business and those who also have a physical business location or address.
"There is a limit to how much an agent can transact with, the agent and the bank shall agree on a limit that is determined by how much the agent is willing to deposit," he explained.
Speaking on how transactions could be carried out at the agent location, he explained: "Transactions are carried out using issued personalised cards on a Point of Sale (PoS) terminal. The customers must confirm all transactions using one of his/her finger prints."
"However, when an agent exceeds his/her limit, the agent's PoS terminal will be blocked from receiving/giving cash. The agent will have to deposit any excess cash at the nearest bank to allow him/her continue to transact."
Shedding light on what happens if agent decides to relocate, the
He further explained that the bank would do all it could to see that it makes people in the society more productive and self-reliant, but advised them to comply with the guidelines of the bank on the newly introduced scheme.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza