Contact: Saat Alety (202) 225-4111
Rep. Royce Questions CFPB's Cordray on Lack of Public Input in Bureau's Regulations
"I have heard strong criticism that the
Rep. Royce questioned Director Cordray on the potential use of advisory opinions to help businesses seeking clarification on specific practices before enforcement action is contemplated. Cordray responded in the positive: "That is something we are looking to do in appropriate cases. I do think that we can probably do more in this area. Yes."
Watch Rep. Royce's questioning of CFPB Director
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges