At the meeting, the central bank had opted to leave its interest rate and the size of its asset purchase program unchanged notwithstanding evidence suggesting strengthening of economic momentum. The minutes are likely to give hints about timing on interest rate hike, which is presently at 0.5%
The pound hit a 2-day high of 0.7976 against the euro and a 5-1/2-month high of 173.64 against the yen, compared to yesterday's closing values of 0.7983 and 173.20, respectively. If the pound extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 0.80 against the euro and 174.54 against the yen.
The pound that ended yesterday's deals at 1.5248 versus the franc rose to a 2-day high of 1.5274. Against the dollar, the pound ticked up to 1.6985. The next possible upside target for the pound is seen around 1.53 against the franc and 1.70 against the greenback.
Looking ahead, Swiss ZEW economic sentiment index for June is due in the European session.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv