At the meeting, the central bank had opted to leave its interest rate and the size of its asset purchase program unchanged notwithstanding evidence suggesting strengthening of economic momentum. The minutes are likely to give hints about timing on interest rate hike, which is presently at 0.5%
The pound hit a 2-day high of 0.7976 against the euro and a 5-1/2-month high of 173.64 against the yen, compared to yesterday's closing values of 0.7983 and 173.20, respectively. If the pound extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 0.80 against the euro and 174.54 against the yen.
The pound that ended yesterday's deals at 1.5248 versus the franc rose to a 2-day high of 1.5274. Against the dollar, the pound ticked up to 1.6985. The next possible upside target for the pound is seen around 1.53 against the franc and 1.70 against the greenback.
Looking ahead, Swiss ZEW economic sentiment index for June is due in the European session.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment