It was claimed in a local TV report that the Finnish phone giant left the cash in a car park for the blackmailers to collect – as police looked on.
But the crooks managed to slip the police tail after picking up the money, and are still at large.
Detective Chief Inspector
The TV report claimed that hackers managed to get hold of the security encryption key for a key part of
If the hackers had done so, anyone could have written additional code for
After the money was picked up, police lost track of the culprits.
The blackmail attempt happened in 2008, but has only just been revealed.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers