The choppy trading on
While the Fed is likely to leave interest rates unchanged, the central bank is widely expected to announce another
The impact to the markets is more likely to stem from the language of the accompanying statement as well as any changes to the outlook for the economy and interest rates.
Most of the major sectors are showing only modest move in early trading, contributing to the lackluster performance by the broader markets.
Utilities and transportation stocks are seeing some strength, while modest weakness is visible among housing and semiconductor stocks.
Currently, the major averages are turning in a mixed performance. While the S&P 500 is up 0.80 points or less than a tenth of a %, the Dow is down 11.88 points or 0.1% at 16,796.61 and the Nasdaq is down 6.66 points or 0.2% at 4,330.58.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities