The choppy trading on
While the Fed is likely to leave interest rates unchanged, the central bank is widely expected to announce another
The impact to the markets is more likely to stem from the language of the accompanying statement as well as any changes to the outlook for the economy and interest rates.
Most of the major sectors are showing only modest move in early trading, contributing to the lackluster performance by the broader markets.
Utilities and transportation stocks are seeing some strength, while modest weakness is visible among housing and semiconductor stocks.
Currently, the major averages are turning in a mixed performance. While the S&P 500 is up 0.80 points or less than a tenth of a %, the Dow is down 11.88 points or 0.1% at 16,796.61 and the Nasdaq is down 6.66 points or 0.2% at 4,330.58.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment