Electricity remains a major challenge in
In effort to boost the capacity of the LEC, the corporation and the
A Chinese implementing contractor,
Speaking at the ground breaking ceremony Tuesday, at the LEC office on
Said Dobraga: "This Power Plant is part of a broader
The World Bank Country Manager noted that the group has provided about
Madam Dobraga used the occasion to outline the importance of a cordial working relationship among all institutions working in the energy sector to continue what she called 'the series of successes that have been already achieved'.
At the same time the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Liberia Electricity Corporation Greg Sylvestre said the LEC is very anxious to see the result of yet another
Meanwhile, Lands Mines and Energy Minister
He said the commencement of the Power Plant project through the instrumentality of the LEC is a significant achievement.
"So for the first time in our country history, you have four Power Plant being constructed all at the same time and I think this merits commendation on the part of the LEC team," Minister Sendolo said.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare