"A total of Dh2,700 was withdrawn in dollars from my account on
"But what surprises me is that my debit card details were used to withdraw cash from an ATM machine in the US. I have never used my card for any online transactions," said Anas, who is a Documentation Controller in
"I immediately notified the bank and blocked my debit card. Luckily, I had withdrawn most of my cash a few days ago to pay my bills. Otherwise the crooks would have wiped my account clean," said Anas, married with a kid.
The bank acted promptly after he submitted a dispute form and the money was credited back into his account within a week.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE