The founder of a private space transport company says humans could be on Mars in the next 10 years.
And he said that in the long term a "self-sustaining city" could be created there.
SpaceX was founded by
"But the thing that matters long term is to have a self-sustaining city on Mars, to make life multiplanetary."
SpaceX's Dragon spacecrafts have been used for regular cargo deliveries to the ISS since
Major firms such as
SpaceX unveiled the Dragon V2 spacecraft last month, and hopes to win a
He said: "It's possible that we may not win the commercial crew contract. We'll do our best to continue on our own, with our own money."
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones