Fitch Ratings has assigned
The planned issue amount is
KEY RATING DRIVERS
The bonds are rated at the same level as KAF's Long-term local currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) of 'BBB-' and National Long-term Rating of 'AA(kaz)'. KAF's IDRs and National Long-term Rating in turn reflect the likelihood of support it may receive, if needed, from Kazakh authorities (through KazAgro National Management Holding JSC, BBB/Stable). This is based on the track record of capital injections, the low cost of potential support, KAF's status as a material subsidiary of KazAgro and the significant risks of reputational and market access damage in case of KAF's default.
The two-notch differential between KAF's 'BBB-' IDR and that of the Kazakh sovereign's 'BBB+' reflects (i) KAF's less prominent policy role as a development institution and lesser importance for the country's economy and financial system relative to other government-owned institutions in
KAF's ratings are likely to move in tandem with those of the sovereign and KazAgro.
Fitch may downgrade KAF's ratings if the agency believes that the government's support propensity in respect to KAF has weakened; for example, if the company's financial profile deteriorates considerably as a result of asset quality worsening or increased leverage without support being provided.
KAF's ratings are as follows:
Long-term foreign and local currency IDRs: 'BBB-', Outlook Stable
Short-term foreign currency IDR: 'F3'
National Long-term rating: 'AA(kaz)', Outlook Stable
Support Rating: '2'
Support Rating Floor: 'BBB-'
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site