The U.S. dollar stayed firm above the
The euro was quoted at
Inheriting the trend overnight, the dollar kept its strength against the yen in
The data helped raise U.S. interest rates, accompanied with speculation that the Federal Reserve could move to start raising its interest rate earlier than expected, dealers said. The Fed will conclude its two-day policy meeting later in the day.
"The Fed could present an aggressive economic view following the CPI data," considering there is a hawk among the new members of the Federal Open Market Committee, said
The market widely expects the Fed -- which plans to announce its economic projections covering economic growth and inflation after the meeting -- will opt to scale down its asset-buying stimulus.
The market is also paying attention to post-FOMC remarks by Fed chief
"The Fed is likely to raise its inflation outlook," thus enhancing the prospects for a rate hike at an early date and prompting dollar buying, said
Dollar buying in
But a further rise in the U.S. currency above the
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant