The currencies will be directly convertible on the inter-bank foreign exchange market from Thursday, allowing businesses on both sides to reduce costs, the People's Bank of
"This is an important step in strengthening bilateral economic and trade connections between
Both nations will make efforts to "promote the direct trading between the two currencies based on market principles," it said.
It said the move will "contribute to the formation of a direct exchange rate between the two currencies."
The currency agreement is one of several high-profile bilateral deals signed during Chinese Premier Li Keqiang's ongoing visit to
Contracts worth 14 billion pounds were signed between British and Chinese companies on Tuesday, Prime Minister
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad