A Deputy Minister of Finance,
From 2010 to date, the West African country has been recording budget deficits in double digits which Fitch Ratings, the
Delivering an address to policymakers, academics and researchers gathering in
But he assured Ghanaians and the investor community that government was firmed in its determination to cut the budget deficit to a more sustainable ratio.
Adding that while the short-term outlook is challenging, the medium-term prospects of the country are excellent.
The Governor of the Bank of
According to him, the country has to now utilise more commercial debt facilities to finance government budget deficits.
Another dilemma that confronts governments within the region is how to meet the demands of their people without dislocating tight fiscal budgets, he added.
"The onus rests on us as policymakers to find the solutions [to these problems]," he told the delegates of the forum, which was organised by the Internatiorial Growth Centre (IGC) together with the
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant