It is unclear if a 3D display, as widely reported, is enough to help the new entree stand out in a crowded field dominated by Apple's seven-year-old iPhone and Samsung Galaxy devices. Three-quarters of US consumers online already own a smartphone, according to online data tracking service comScore.
But its introduction reflects how smartphones and tablets are fast becoming how many consumers view and buy items online. Mobile commerce grew at almost twice the rate of online retail during the first quarter, according to comScore.
"As the world shifts toward mobile, how do you make sure
Two sources have said the device contains 3D features visible to the eye without special glasses. Analysts expect
A phone would represent yet another new area for
On Tuesday, the
"Let's hope @amazon doesn't fall victim to the @att curse that is the
A phone would be the third new device
It has also used its devices to test emerging markets. This year,
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down