ENP Newswire -
Release date- 16062014 - The
Professor Calder will take up her new post later this year when she leaves the Government, and will succeed Professor
As Chief Scientific Adviser for
The Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the
He added: 'I am also greatly indebted to Professor
Professor Calder said: 'I'd like to pay my respects to
'I hope to build on his achievements as well as the achievements of the scientists, engineers and support staff in the College itself. As Chief Scientific Adviser, I have relished the opportunity to experience another organisation and to gain the perspective of seeing what it is like from the other side of the fence. I shall be very sorry to leave the Government but can't wait to play a role in the University in shaping the future of the
Professor Chapman said: 'I am very pleased that my successor is someone with the ability, energy and enthusiasm of Muffy. I am sure she will provide excellent leadership for the College.'
Looking back at his own tenure as Head of College, Professor Chapman expressed pleasure at the way the research 'order book' had grown and also with the quality of students the College had been able to recruit, including an increasing number of international students.
'There has been improvement in all the major areas important to a leading university,' he said.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson