The DFM index, which dipped as low as 4,430.91 within the first half-hour of trading and reached a peak of 4,565.04 shortly before
"The market's reaction in the beginning wasn't really related to
He added: "Today the stock traded around 227 million, which is an extremely high turnover. That helped support the rest of the market and create a consolidating situation across the board.
Emaar, the second most-traded share by value, stayed static at Dh9.05.
"DSI has been one of the strong stocks in the market in the past month," said Shurrab. "While the market was losing steam it's been one of the few stocks to hold its ground."
The Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange index (ADX) lost 0.72 per cent, closing at 4,749.04. Its investment subindex gained 5.6 per cent thanks to a similar gain by
The property sector, which accounted for 47 per cent of the ADX's total trade value of Dh491 million, made 0.43 per cent, with
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey