Investors will be reacting to the latest batch of economic data from the US and
With the two-day US Federal Reserve meeting getting underway today, the mood is likely to be a bit cautious at times.
Investors will also be monitoring the developments in
Energy stocks are likely to be under pressure, tracking lower crude oil prices. Gold stocks may retreat too, with bullion prices coming off a three-week high.
On Monday, the benchmark S&P/TSX Composite Index ended up 38.82 points or 0.26% at 15,040.43, after scaling a high of 15,075.70 intraday, its highest levels since
In corporate news,
In commodities, crude oil futures for August are down
Natural gas for July is up
Gold for August is down
Silver for July is down
On the economic front, eurozone labor cost grew at a slower annual pace in the first three months of the year, rising 0.9% year-on-year, following a 1.6% gain in the fourth quarter last fiscal.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row