Calix E7-2 Ethernet Service Access Platform and T-Series optical network terminals (ONTs) has been tapped by
The network would include major cities such as
It is projected by Planetcomm to extend its fiber network to over 100,000 homes with fiber within the next five years and would start to deliver the advanced IP services in the next year.
Besides delivering managed services such as IPTV, Planetcomm will also work with developers to offer services in new housing and industrial developments within urban settings.
As per Prapat Rathlertkarn, CEO of Planetcomm, We are at a critical phase of development in broadband infrastructure for
Calix E7-2 enables Planetcomm to deliver broadband services over fiber with speeds up to 1 Gbps. Calix E7-2 supports any mix of GPON and point-to-point gigabit Ethernet (GE) to ensure flexibility to its telecom clients.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson