Teresa Palmer has been cast to star opposite to Edgar Ramirez and Luke Bracey in the upcoming remake of the action thriller Point Break.
Dateline broke the news about the casting on Monday noting that the upcoming flick will be directed by Ericson Core from a script by Kurt Wimmer.
The original Point Break -- a film about an undercover FBI agent investigating a gang of bank-robbing surfers -- was released in 1991 and starred Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves.
The new film will reportedly have a more international scope than its predecessor as shooting is set to take place in Germany, Austria, Italy, Mexico, Venezuela, French Polynesia, and India. The movie's production will begin on June 26.
According to IMDb, Palmer will play the role of Tyler in the upcoming flick. The 28-year-old starlet is best known for playing the female lead in the zombie-romance film Warm Bodies.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps