The Damascene troupe Tahlila held a concert at the
Collaborating with al-Farah choir, the troupe, which consists of musicians and Mawlawiyya performers (known commonly in the English-speaking world as spinning dervishes), performed under the headline of "For You,
The concert started by performing a wide range of religious and Andalusian chants, followed by traditional and heritage music pieces, drawing upon both local, regional, and international sophist influences to present a unique spiritual vibe to which the audience responded strongly.
Tahlila, a troupe specializing in religious chanting, was established in 2007.
It performed in many festivals and religious and cultural figures since its formation, including Arab and international events.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges