Stocks are moving slightly higher in midday trading, led by the financial sector.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose eight points, less than 0.1 percent, to 16,789 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,939. The Nasdaq rose 16 points, or 0.4 percent, to 4,337.
Bond prices fell after the government reported that consumer prices rose in May by the most in more than a year. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.64 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise