The IDA stated that when they kick in from November this year, the rules will free up approximately 180 megahertz (MHz) of spectrum. TVWS (also called Super Wi-Fi) refers to idle or underused radio spectrum in the TV broadcast bands that could be utilized for alternative mobile broadband communications.
Super Wi-Fi technology is capable of covering longer distances and penetrate more hurdles and tougher region than higher frequencies like those used for wireless networks. Its use needs less energy and is hence cheaper.
IDA's Deputy Chief Executive and Director General for Telecoms and Post,
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Student Entrepreneurs Get a Leg Up in Philly
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery