The South Korean electronics company said it was taking US pre-orders for the "new flagship" Galaxy Tab S line which it called "
The devices offer similar specifications to the iPad Mini and iPad Air and will be sold
The new S series steps up competition from
"Building on the heritage of the Galaxy S smartphone , the Galaxy Tab S delivers on our commitment to bring meaningful innovation that our customers care most about," said Gregory Lee, President and Chief Executive of
"We know consumers want the best screen possible when purchasing a tablet, and as an undisputed leader in display technology, we've brought our industry-leading' Super AMOLED (active matrix organic light emitting diode) screen to the Tab S for an unrivaled viewing experience," he said.
The Tab S will come in an 8.4 inch version, competing against the iPad Mini, and a 10.5 inch version that is similar to the iPad Air.
The company unveiled the new devices at a
Source: AFP via
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE