The data from the
Inflation fell 0.1% on month, versus forecasts for 0.2% rise.
Input prices fell 5% on year, sharper than the 4.3% decline expected by economists. Output prices grew 0.5%, down from expectations for 0.7% rise.
The pound fell back to a 4-day low of 1.5214 against the franc, off early high of 1.5263. Against the euro, the pound the reversed from an early high of 0.7982, falling to a 5-day low of 0.8007.
The pound retreated from an early 4-day high of 173.28 against the yen and eased to 172.80.
The pound dropped to a 4-day low of 1.6937 against the greenback, from its previous high of 1.6986.
If the pound extends slide, it may find support around 0.81 against the euro, 1.68 against the greenback, 172.00 against the yen and 1.51 versus the franc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan