The data from the
Inflation fell 0.1% on month, versus forecasts for 0.2% rise.
Input prices fell 5% on year, sharper than the 4.3% decline expected by economists. Output prices grew 0.5%, down from expectations for 0.7% rise.
The pound fell back to a 4-day low of 1.5214 against the franc, off early high of 1.5263. Against the euro, the pound the reversed from an early high of 0.7982, falling to a 5-day low of 0.8007.
The pound retreated from an early 4-day high of 173.28 against the yen and eased to 172.80.
The pound dropped to a 4-day low of 1.6937 against the greenback, from its previous high of 1.6986.
If the pound extends slide, it may find support around 0.81 against the euro, 1.68 against the greenback, 172.00 against the yen and 1.51 versus the franc.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids