Officials say the
The Liberian Government is funding an 18 megawatts power project; the
However, President Sirleaf says between 12 and 15 months, there will be much power to give to "our people" and that it will reduce the cost of electricity in the country. The President said she was very pleased with the progress made at the sites.
"That's why we've been working for sometimes- these things take longer than we want. You got to negotiate, you got to get companies, you got to do bidding," she told reporters.
On the question of
She says if as a result of the corporation's growth it cannot generate enough revenues to cover its cost, then the government can intervene with a subsidy. "... What we don't want is for public corporation to just start and cry, and say oh! We need
President Sirleaf was responding when Deputy LEC Chief Executive Officer for Planning,
"So if that is done, if everything is ok, we will have power from this plant for Christmas," he assured.
He said the LEC had been told that the first consignment of heavy fuel will be here in
He says it would enable the corporation to truck fuel to its facility at the project sites while the tents are being completed. "That is the critical issue that we are to resolve with the
Lands, Mines and Energy Minister,
"... By the time these plants are completed along with the sub-stations, and we will be able to, along with the ELTEL connections, we will be able to increase our activities to about 30 to 40 thousand additional customers and we will also be able to reduce the cost to about 30 to 40 percent," said Minister Sannoh.
He said significant progress was being made, and assured the President and the public that they are moving ahead and trying very hard to meet the
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Student Entrepreneurs Get a Leg Up in Philly
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery