Lady Gaga and
Bennett, who founded the FSSA in 2001, attends the school's graduation ceremony every year, but because his tour won't allow him to attend the event this year, he decided to call Gaga to surprise students on their last day of school.
The 87-year-old singer and Gaga spoke about jazz, music, creativity and took questions at the school's Tony Bennett Concert Hall in a panel moderated by
The school's choir closed the event with a rendition of Bennett's "Smile" and Gaga's "Applause."
Gaga and Bennett met in 2011 when the two performed at the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia