To cater for the increasing number of mobile shoppers, kalahari.com has created a new mobile-friendly logo. More than 40% of its customers shop on their mobile phones and the site expects the number to grow.
Online retail in
"A recent survey of our customer base revealed that 84% access the internet on their phone every day and 44% use it for shopping. Significantly, 48% felt that shopping on their smartphone was safer than shopping in a mall, and had the added convenience that it was quicker and made it really easy to compare prices."
With a mobile-friendly rebrand and gearshift towards mobile-first, the site is poised to lead the mobile shopping revolution in SA.
"We have had our iconic logo of a Khoisan man delivering the bright orange Kalahari sunshine since 1998. The internet has changed significantly since then and we now need a simpler logo that works better on mobile interfaces. We are pleased with the new logo - it is simple and striking and we get to keep our bright orange Kalahari sunshine," she concludes.
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause