To cater for the increasing number of mobile shoppers, kalahari.com has created a new mobile-friendly logo. More than 40% of its customers shop on their mobile phones and the site expects the number to grow.
Online retail in
"A recent survey of our customer base revealed that 84% access the internet on their phone every day and 44% use it for shopping. Significantly, 48% felt that shopping on their smartphone was safer than shopping in a mall, and had the added convenience that it was quicker and made it really easy to compare prices."
With a mobile-friendly rebrand and gearshift towards mobile-first, the site is poised to lead the mobile shopping revolution in SA.
"We have had our iconic logo of a Khoisan man delivering the bright orange Kalahari sunshine since 1998. The internet has changed significantly since then and we now need a simpler logo that works better on mobile interfaces. We are pleased with the new logo - it is simple and striking and we get to keep our bright orange Kalahari sunshine," she concludes.
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists