Jason Segel opened up to Vanity Fair about the time his mother cried after watching him strip down in the film Forgetting Sarah Marshal.
The 34-year-old star -- who did a full frontal for the 2008 comedy --told the magazine that he failed to warn his mother about the fact. After she saw the flick and ended in tears, she sent a mass email to his family with a warning:
"I would like to inform you all that Jason has chosen to do full-frontal nudity, however, it is not gratuitous and is essential to the plot," she wrote.
Segel will likely face a similar situation when his upcoming movie, Sex Tape hits theaters on July 18. While discussing his intimate scenes in the flick along costar Cameron Diaz, the funnyman told the New York Times that comedians "share a mentality" that the bottom line in comedy "is it being as funny as it can possibly be and that involves being pride free."
The actor also attempted to explain the importance of his full frontal in Sarah Marshall, saying that "one of the pitfalls of a romantic comedy is that you know how it's going to end."
"The guy and the girl on the poster are going to end up together. I felt like if the main guy showed his [penis], you're forced to sit back and say, I have no idea what's going to happen in this movie," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers