Gold prices settled lower Tuesday amid expectations that the Federal Reserve will continue easing off its support for the economy.
Gold for August delivery fell
The Fed began a two-day meeting Tuesday. When it wraps up, many analysts expect the Fed to announce another
Gold prices have slumped 8 percent over the past year as the Fed has scaled back its bond purchases. Traders expect interest rates to creep higher, weakening the appeal of gold as an investment.
Other metals edged up slightly Tuesday. Silver for July rose
Platinum for July delivery rose
In crop trading, soybeans dropped
In oil and gas trading, crude oil for July delivery fell
In other energy futures trading on the
— Wholesale gasoline rose
— Heating oil added
— Natural gas was essentially flat at
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records