With the ongoing Fed Reserve meet, some disappointing data from the US related to inflation, also pegged back gold prices which showed consumer prices to have risen in May, taking the annual inflation rate to its highest since late 2012.
Gold for August delivery, the most actively traded contract, slipped
Gold for August delivery scaled an intraday high of
On Monday, gold futures ended slightly higher for a sixth successive session, on concerns over the mounting violence in
The dollar index, which tracks the US unit against six major currencies, traded at 80.59 on Tuesday, up from its previous close of 80.44 late Monday in North American trade. The dollar scaled a high of 80.66 intraday and a low of 80.40.
The euro traded lower against the dollar at
In economic news from the US, data from the
Meanwhile, building permits dropped 6.4% to an annual rate of 991,000 in May from the downwardly revised April rate of 1.059 million.
A report from the
In economic news from the eurozone, labor cost grew at a slower annual pace in the first three months of the year, rising 0.9% year-on-year, following a 1.6% gain in the fourth quarter last fiscal.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)