First Quantum currently own 2.5 million shares in Lumina. Lumina shareholders will be able to receive
The company said that the
The boards of both companies have approved the transaction. Shareholders of around 33.6% of Lumina's shares have signed voting support agreements in favour of the transaction, First Quantum said.
First Quantum will fund the cash portion of the transaction from its existing cash resources.
Lumina owns the Taca Taca copper deposit in the Puna region in north-west
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row