The Bank of
Eurozone construction output data for April and a report on Swiss ZEW economic sentiment are also slated for release later in the European session.
Asian stocks are trading mixed, with
In domestic corporate news, Swiss drug maker
European stocks inched higher on Tuesday, although gains were capped ahead of the Fed policy meeting and amid concerns over the escalating conflict in
US stocks rose for a third session overnight as investors digested mixed economic data and looked ahead to the FOMC meeting. Housing starts and building permits fell more than expected in May, while consumer prices gained traction, recording their largest increase in more than a year in May reflecting higher household costs, separate reports showed. The Dow and the S&P 500 rose about 0.2% each, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq advanced 0.4%.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures