The U.S. dollar stayed firm above the
At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The dollar moved narrowly above the
On Tuesday, the U.S. government said consumer prices rose 0.4 percent in May from the previous month, higher than market expectations and its biggest increase since
"Market players had expected the Fed to raise the rate in September or around October," said
But further buying in the dollar was withheld in
"The Fed is likely to raise its inflation outlook," thus enhancing the prospects for a rate hike at an early date and prompt dollar buying, Kadota said.
The market is also paying attention to post-FOMC remarks by Fed chief
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad