As of March, the
Liu said the problem of unfair terms in consumer contracts has long existed in the telecommunications, banking and electronics sectors.
"These problems cannot be solved by administrative campaigns alone. Consumers should increase their awareness to protect their rights before signing contracts with service providers," Liu said.
In the electronics sector, the authority investigated more than 1,400 cases and issued more than 4,500 rectification notices, Liu said.
Among the enterprises investigated were a number of authorized after-sales service providers for
The authority said the
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site