As of March, the
Liu said the problem of unfair terms in consumer contracts has long existed in the telecommunications, banking and electronics sectors.
"These problems cannot be solved by administrative campaigns alone. Consumers should increase their awareness to protect their rights before signing contracts with service providers," Liu said.
In the electronics sector, the authority investigated more than 1,400 cases and issued more than 4,500 rectification notices, Liu said.
Among the enterprises investigated were a number of authorized after-sales service providers for
The authority said the
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?