ENP Newswire -
Release date- 13062014 -
A dividend of
Tax Information for Shareholders
U.S. individual or other non-corporate taxpayers may be eligible for the reduced rate of tax currently applicable to 'qualified dividends' provided that the investor meets the holding period and any other requirements.
The Company's common share dividend is subject to a 25% withholding tax rate for holders that are not residents of
Non-Canadian holders may be required by their brokers to complete a Form NR301 (or an equivalent form) in order to demonstrate their entitlement to a treaty-reduced rate of withholding tax. U.S. and other non-Canadian holders should consult their brokers about the requirement to provide such forms.
U.S. individuals holding shares in taxable accounts may be eligible to receive a credit on their U.S. income tax return for this withholding tax. U.S. individuals holding the Company's common shares in Individual Retirement Accounts ('IRAs') may be exempt from withholding tax pursuant to the
Taxpayers should always seek their own independent qualified professionals regarding the tax consequences of purchasing or owning common shares of the Company. Individuals who believe the withholding tax exemption applies to their IRA should contact their broker to determine how to claim the exemption.
Its power generation projects in operation have an aggregate gross electric generation capacity of approximately 2,945 MW in which its aggregate ownership interest is approximately 2,024 MW. Its current portfolio consists of interests in twenty-eight operational power generation projects across eleven states in
For more information, please visit the Company's website at www.atlanticpower.com
Tel: (617) 977-2700
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel