U.S. wireless carrier AT&T is expected to exclusively sell Amazon's much expected smartphone that will be unveiled Wednesday at an event in
The arrangement, which was reported by The Wall Street Journal, is not surprising considering that AT&T already provides wireless services to other Amazon devices, such as the Kindle tablets and e-readers.AMazon is expected to unveil a smartphone that could very well shake up the mobile device market, with its reported 3D imaging technology.
Apple had a similar arrangement with AT&T in 2007 when it was launching the iPhone, which lasted more than three years giving the carrier a crucial advantage over rival
Both Apple and
Amazon plans to begin shipping the device in September that will come equipped with multiple sensors and cameras that will make images appear to be 3D, much like a hologram.
The online retail giant has increased its presence in the devices market, with tablets, e-readers, a set-top video streaming box and now a smartphone.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention