• EBITDA multiples to hit 11.3x, up 23% on reported 2013 figures
• 2013 deal volumes hit 14,000, a six-year high
• Technology, media and telecom companies worth the most - estimated to reach 11.7x by 2015 The amount buyers expect to pay for companies will reach 11.3x EBITDA by 2015, a jump of 23% compared with reported 2013 figures. This comes amidst improving macroeconomic conditions in
"There is a lot of capital available among both PE and corporates. While there has already been a pickup in deal making, there is still room for further growth as many companies that were holding off from acquiring or divesting are only just coming back to the table." Technology, media and telecom companies saw the biggest rise in M&A, including higher volumes, greater values and increasing multiples (jumping to 9.5x in 2013 and expected to reach a post-crisis peak of 11.7x in 2015). Meanwhile, total deal values in this sector rose from
"Aerospace and defense firms that have made past acquisitions are looking to support these transactions, but have been very cautious and selective about what they buy." Following are more report highlights and findings by region:
• Economic reforms in
• Multiples in
• Japanese buyers turn more to developed countries.
• Although North American deal activity was flat in 2013, economic growth and the availability of debt mean that multiples are expected to increase from 9.0x in 2013 to 10.4x in 2014 and 11.2x in 2015.
• Valuations in
• Northern and
• Central and
These are some of the findings from Global M&A Valuation Outlook 2014, a report published today by global valuation specialists American Appraisal. The wide-reaching report, now in its third year, draws on in-depth analysis of American Appraisal's own data from deals compiled by its staff in 24 countries, combined with industry data on international corporate deal flow and independent interviews conducted with senior executives across the world.
Please get in touch to receive a full copy of the Global M&A Valuation Outlook 2014 report or visit American Appraisal.
About American Appraisal
American Appraisal, the world's only truly glocal valuation firm, is a leading valuation and related services firm that provides expertise in all classifications of tangible and intangible assets. It comprises 900 employees operating from major financial cities throughout the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/American-Appraisal/MandAGlobalValuation/prweb11949057.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'