The bank recently got shareholders' approval to raise
Speaking following the pricing of the Eurobond, which is the first step in its capital raising, Access Bank Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
"It entrenches our bank comfortably as a Tier 1 bank and reflects the strong risk management framework which underpins our lending and growth strategies."
He added: "The process that has been followed to achieve this successful bond launch has proved that indeed
"The support of international bond investors gives us faith in our strategy of ethical growth, which we call sustainable banking."
The funds raised from this bond would provide
It also delivers additional capital headroom to support the bank's increasing market share in the SME and retail segments.
The global book runners for the bond issue were
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana