The bank recently got shareholders' approval to raise
Speaking following the pricing of the Eurobond, which is the first step in its capital raising, Access Bank Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
"It entrenches our bank comfortably as a Tier 1 bank and reflects the strong risk management framework which underpins our lending and growth strategies."
He added: "The process that has been followed to achieve this successful bond launch has proved that indeed
"The support of international bond investors gives us faith in our strategy of ethical growth, which we call sustainable banking."
The funds raised from this bond would provide
It also delivers additional capital headroom to support the bank's increasing market share in the SME and retail segments.
The global book runners for the bond issue were
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields