Government maintained that
The government is mindful of the need not to fall back in a debt trap and will be careful with any future borrowing to ensure sustainability and investment of any borrowing in high return growth areas.
It was also revealed that foreign reserves stand at about US
The bonds will be repaid as a bullet repayment in 2022 and 2024 for the US
This adds that in terms of preparing for repayment, the government is in the process of establishing a sinking fund for the Bonds.
The copper price is improving; currently it is just below US
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs