Government maintained that
The government is mindful of the need not to fall back in a debt trap and will be careful with any future borrowing to ensure sustainability and investment of any borrowing in high return growth areas.
It was also revealed that foreign reserves stand at about US
The bonds will be repaid as a bullet repayment in 2022 and 2024 for the US
This adds that in terms of preparing for repayment, the government is in the process of establishing a sinking fund for the Bonds.
The copper price is improving; currently it is just below US
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields