Japanese stocks fell Monday in a mixed session for
The Hang Seng Index in
Australian market ended up 0.1%, though some miners fell amid declining prices for spot iron ore, which slid 0.7% on Friday to a 21-month low.
Concerns over the use of iron ore as collateral for finance deals and allegations of fraud involving commodities stored in
Atlas Iron fell 4.2%, and Arrium lost 4.8% after it was downgraded to sell from hold by Deutsche Bank.
The Shanghai CSI 300 added 15.61 points, or 0.7%, to 2,191.86, as China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. added 1.6% and China Oilfield Services rose by 2.6%.
In other markets;
The Australian S&P/ASX 200 index picked up 7.26 points, or 0.1%, to 5,412.32
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause