A Tajik worker has been sentenced to six months in jail to be followed by deportation for helping a wanted man escape justice.
The 33-year-old had denied the charge of helping a countryman, wanted in connection with a criminal case, evade justice by giving him his passport.
He had told the
The wanted man was arrested at the
The wanted man told the police that his own passport had been seized. The Tajik worker, he said, had given him his passport and did not take any money for that.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review