Growing expectations that
What does it mean for business?
Imports become cheaper, making life easier for retailers, which can sell food and white goods at lower prices. Manufacturers enjoy cheaper raw materials and can retain the benefit if they sell their wares in the
I'm not going away until August. Should I buy my currency now?
Compared with this time 11 months ago, the pound is up 14% against the dollar, so anyone changing pounds 500 will pocket an extra
Holidaymakers keen to lock into today's exchange rates could consider a prepaid currency card. They tend to be issued by specialist foreign exchange companies such as Travelex, Caxton FX and
If you are considering one of these cards, check the exchange rate, and the fees and charges for using them. If you leave a balance on them you may be hit with a "non-usage" fee.
Will the pound strengthen further?
What if I decide to hold on until I go?
If you do decide to hold fire on sorting out holiday money until you go, don't buy it at the airport, pre-buy it online a few days before departure and your cash will go considerably further.
Meanwhile, pick the right plastic to use while you are away. The Norwich & Peterborough Gold Classic current account, for instance, is one of the very few accounts that offers free debit card usage abroad.
Most Popular Stories
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve