Stocks are little changed in early trading as traders keep a close eye on developments in
Deal news lifted a handful of stocks.
The Dow Jones industrial average lost 10 points, less than 0.1 percent, to 16,764 points in the first few minutes of trading Monday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index edged up two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,938. The Nasdaq composite rose seven points, or 0.2 percent, to 4,317.
Bond prices were flat. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note held steady at 2.60 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE